Plantation Presbyterian Church celebrated their 50th Anniversary in 2010. Our church had its beginnings in a Mission Project in September 1959, when Rev. Howard F. Gebhart began visiting in Plantation, at the direction of the Presbytery, in order to try and establish a new congregation. Services and church school began in October 1959, held in the Peters Elementary School Cafeteria.
The Plantation Presbyterian Church was organized by the Presbytery of the Southeast, Synod of Florida of the United Presbyterian Church on Sunday, May 22, 1960 with 69 charter members. The Rev. Gebhart was the Organizing Pastor and appointed Moderator of the newly elected Session.
Through the help of the Board of National Missions, the new congregation purchased five acres of land, and in April 161 a building fund was started. Construction began soon after. The first service in the new sanctuary was on Christmas Eve. 1961. It was a candlelight service because the power had not yet been turned on in the new facility. Regular services were held starting in January 1962, and the building was dedicated in February 1962. Construction began on the Christian Education building in March 1970 and it was dedicated on December 20, 1970.